PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
- What’s in these terms?
- Who we are
- Harcus Parker Limited (‘Harcus Parker’), a limited liability company (company number 11352441) and a law firm registered in England and Wales. Its registered office is at Melbourne House, 44-46 Aldwych, London WC2B 4LL; it is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA ID number 653501); and
- Asserson Law Office (‘Asserson’), a partnership and a law firm which is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA ID number 549779). Its head office is at Central Court, 25 Southampton Buildings, Holborn, London, WC2A 1AL.
- By using our site you accept these terms
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
- How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page from our site for your personal use. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You are not authorised to print or download any copy of part or all of any sign-up questionnaire accessed through our website. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes.
- No text or data mining or web scraping
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our site or any services provided via, or in relation to, our site. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
- any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper”, or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the site or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same; or
- any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard, including for the purposes of Article 4(3) of Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790).
- Do not rely on information on this site
Our site is intended for users who have a potential claim against a UK higher education service provider. We do not represent that content available on or through our is appropriate for use by anyone else.
The content on our site is provided for information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from taking, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including comments and reviews. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If you have accessed any content or page affected by any malware, malicious code or any other type of defect on our site, we will not be liable for damage due to your failure to use appropriate measures to update or protect your device and/or network.
- How we may use your personal information
- Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload or submit content through our site, you warrant that the content is free from malwares, malicious codes or any other type of defect, is true to the best of your knowledge and does not infringe any third-party rights. You will be liable to us for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of this warranty.
You retain all applicable rights in content you upload or submit through our website, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you post or submit content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform your content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media including to promote the site or the service forever;
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence for other users, partners or advertisers to use the content for their purposes forever.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from malwares, malicious codes, bugs, viruses or other forms of defect.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer and network to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not create a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Should you wish to link or make any use of content on our site for media purposes or for any other reason outside of your personal use, please contact email@example.com.
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?